Sweet Girl Photography, LLC

Welcome to my blog! My name is Alisa Lynn Hooker and I am a photojournalistic/lifestyle photographer serving the Downriver, MI area- This is where I will be posting some sneak peeks of my latest sessions and random tid bits about myself and my life in general. Hope you enjoy it, because I certainly enjoy sharing my work!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Comfort food...

I'm sitting at Starbucks, BY MYSELF. You heard me right, BY MYSELF! I went to the Huron Applefest this past weekend and came across a friend of mine that I will be taking pictures of in a few days. I booked a sitter for tonight because we tried to meet up to take some product pictures for her friend's headband/bow line, but plans fell through and I had to decide whether or not I was going to go anywhere and make the most of having someone there to watch the kiddos. So I ended up here, updating my latest yummy version of photoshop, and browsing through my picture library, when I came across THIS:


















These pictures say MANY, MANY things to me...for instance:

1. My husband is hilarious sometimes. You wouldn't know how funny he is by looking at him, as he always appears to be quiet and very grounded. However, if you get to know him, he surprises you left and right with his personality! These pictures were taken by my Andy, as proof that he cooks the "perfect grilled cheese". He talks about grilled cheese sandwiches ALL THE TIME. He frequently makes Daisy a grilled cheese for lunch, and claims that he's got "the touch". I have to admit, it is a fine example of a grilled cheese, lol.

2. I need to show poor Andy how to use the different lenses on my camera! He's using my favorite 50mm lens on the sandwich, which CLEARLY doesn't do the darn thing justice. 75% or so of the picture is blurry, which makes me wonder, "is this sandwich as perfect as it appears?"

3. My kitchenaid pots and pans are garbage. PURE GARBAGE. It's driving me crazy. It's not like I have been hard on them, heck, if you know me well you know the microwave is my best friend, lol! The pans get all banged up even when using plastic utensils, and the pots are discolored for some strange reason. The whole set is red, and so is my kitchen, which is fun...but the pots and pans getting more and more ruined by the minute sort of ruins it all! Thats it, I'm writing a letter, lol.

4. I need to change dishwashing detergents/tabs. They leave pretty obvious waterspots on the pans, and that sorta just grosses me out!

So there you have it...a small glimpse into my mind, my husbands sense of humor, and all of the reminders that my life is pretty funny sometimes- thanks to the help of my little camera and a few key players who make me laugh everyday! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers